Back by popular demand. Join us in 2023 for your Free Personal Cyber Security Checkup on your Smartphone or Tablet.
With the recent Optus Security breach in mind, we added a Personal Cyber Security Workshop to help members of the community check their devices for possible breaches and prepare for the possibility of others.
Back in the olden days, 10 or so years ago, most organisations had secretaries to do all the administrative duties of the organisation and team. Anyone with a Smartphone should be able to administer their device.
Workshop locations for 2023.
- Batemans Bay – nbn Community Hub
- Tomakin – Tomakin Sports and Social Club
- Moruya – Moruya Golf Club
- Tuross – Club Tuross
- Narooma – Club Narooma and Narooma Golf Club
- Ulladulla – Country Universities Centre
- Nowra – Private event
- What can you do to protect your device and data?
- How to ensure your device is safe and up to date.
- What you need to know about keeping all apps safe.
- How old is too old for your device?
- How to remove your digital footprints (where you go online)
- Find and clean up files you’ve downloaded
- Back up and find backed-up files.
- Do you need protection?
Personal Cyber Security Checkup Workshop
What a great morning we had at Moruya Golf Club 🙏. Thank you to Dr Michael Holland MP – Member for Bega for dropping in for a visit and a huge thank you to Euroscug and their volunteers for supporting this important event. Special thanks to Charmaine and Margaret. Read more here
Due to the success of this session, more sessions of this type are planned for the coming weeks and will tie in with this year’s Get Online Week celebrations. Please message me or call 1300 366 802 for event details.
Note from Euroscug Seniors Computer Group
If you are an Optus customer who has had your data stolen, this check-up will not stop the data stolen from Optus from going to criminals, and their subsequent misuse of your data. Even with a secure device, you would still be vulnerable to scam SMS, email, and phone calls, and your data could be misused elsewhere without your device being involved. Please take note of what Optus and the Government is advising about this serious data breach.
Click the link to connect with and read more about the Author Tricia Pye